Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My New Car

Here it is folks. My new car. It really is a done deal this time. We found out that the dealership was asking too much for the Buick so I went car shopping again. This time I got a great deal (it was worth at least $2,000.00 more than what I paid). The dealership made a mistake but said that they couldn't back out of it once they had told me the price. It's a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix with only 64,000 miles on it. v6 engine 3800, whatever that means. :) It's got a power sunroof too! It drives great and my sisters approve of it since it's not so "grannyish" as the Buick. :)

In other news, the Becks are doing well and are VERY busy sorting through all the stuff they've had given to them. We went over today to help sort through kids clothes and their new house is starting to look more and more like a home. Please continue to pray for them as they try to make the unfamiliar feel like home.

This weekend was spent doing four HiStory performances in three days. It went very well and as always, the story of God's Son was a good reminder to me of what a mighty God we serve and how powerful His presence is around us. We are hoping to take the show "on tour" within the next year or so. Some tentative places are Birmingham, Knoxville, Chattanooga, and maybe even Springfield MO.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's going on!? We drive 11 (!) hours to see ya'll, sacrifice orchestra, have a great time, rave about HIStory, and don't even get mentioned here! I think my feelings just got hurt :(
Nyiad

Priscilla said...

Ok here it is... Oh yes I forgot to mention our gorgeous, wonderful, great, smart, loving, best, stupendous, incredible, fun-loving, cool, outstanding, remarkable, illustrious, notable, renowned friends traveled from a far land, graciously endured culture shock and sacrificed an enormous social gathering at home to sit through hours of hillbilly hoe-down productions. We are eternally grateful that they were kind enough to grace us with their uncommonly entertaining presence this past weekend.

Candy Girl said...

Hey! I haven't approved yer car yet. Comments like "My sisters aprove" should wait till I state MY opinion! Uh... unless... do I still count as yer sister?

Priscilla said...

Oh yes, you're right. BUT... I saw your email to Mom that said something like "I saw Pris' car on her blog and it's cool!" SO... I am justified. :)

P.S. What's all this "yer" stuff. I thought you were up north. I assumed you'd be coming back to correct our grammar. :)

An H2O Member said...

Oh really, you are too kind! I would agree that we are all that you say, but I would also rank your productions a least a little above a "hillbilly hoe-downs".

Nyiad

P.S. No really, we all got a good laugh off of this. The car looks cool, can't wait to see it for real. Tell Candy hi for us, we really missed seeing her this time. See ya soon!

Candy Girl said...

Pris, Correct yer grammer!? HECK no! Bein up north has made me feel even more patriotic and loyal to the south. I'm proud ta be a country girl and I'm just itchin ta git back and hear some lousy grammer! :)

P.S. Nyiad, You can tell Candy "Hi" yerself. Welcome to the world of cyberspace! Hey ta you too! :p

Priscilla said...

C&ace,
I'm VERY glad to hear it! We cain't have ya comin' home tranformed inta one o' them yankees!! Loyalty to "yer" mountainous homeland comes FIRST!!

Seriously, I can't wait to see you THURSDAY!!! We're all missing you terribly and when I took the girls riding in my car the other day, we were talking about how incomplete we felt w/o you. By the way, I'll be coming with Mom to pick you up in my new car!! Ok, I could say a lot more but this is not an email. It's just a comment. (Ha)

Love you.
Pris

Priscilla said...

Nyiad,
In all seriousness (is that a word?), it was great to see y'all! I wish we could have had more time together. Can't wait to see you next month!!

Beck's Bounty said...

Helloooooo ??? Some Yankees DO read this blog ... (hummm) ... and can readily correct your grammar if you REALLY want to have it corrected. (HA ! HA !)

I wanted to invite you (and your sisters and brothers and parents) to come back for a visit as the house is starting to looking more and more like a home every day. And maybe instead of working and unpacking, this time we can have some tea and visit ?!?!

Love you !!

Strider said...

I like the car... Of course the all important question for me would be...how fast does it go? Just kidding, I'm a "safe" driver.. *cough cough*

Anonymous said...

I'm having a ball here readin' y'all's lousy grammer and how proud ya feel about it :-)

Every time I find the need to brush up on my Southern slangs, I pick up the newspaper and read the "Snuffy Smith" comic strip. Nevertheless, for a city boy like me speaking with a twang is always hard work, very much like catching a bull by the tail on a downhill drag :-D

Victor