Saturday, March 3, 2007

Perspectives

A very good song by Kutless. The group never ceases to amaze me how meaningful their words can be. I appreciate their hearts to dig deeper into the ways of the Lord. Many of their songs have spoken to me through the years.
-
-
It feels like your life's crashing down all around you
Let me ask if it's really so bad
Look at the world in it's suffering
Can you honestly tell me that no one else could understand
All of the hurting inside
-
CH: Why can't you see that freedom is sometimes just simply another perspective away
Who could you be if your lens was changed for a moment,
Would you still be the same?
-
A young child looks through a great stained glass window
Watching the people go by
Everyone seems to be wearing a red coat
His mother sees jackets in white
Now he can't understand why does she see it this way
-
Yesterday, you really couldn't see
By changing your angle a new world would be
Revealed to your once blinded eyes by moving a few degrees
-
Sometimes when we feel trapped in our hurting, we only need to evaluate our perspective to gain freedom and answers that we are looking for. At times, I think this can mean putting ourselves in another person's shoes, or at other times simply presenting the different options and opinions to the Lord for His approval and scrutiny. My prayer, for myself, is that He will make it evident when I am looking through "stained glass" and that I will not fail to see when He does.

5 comments:

zach caddy said...

Hey,
They're one of my favorite bands thesedays. Many of the harder bands have just lame lyrics, so Kutless really appeals to me, b/c they have the heavy sound along w/ good lyrics.

Priscilla said...

Yes. I'm not a huge fan of rock but Kutless is an exception. They are also very good in concert (I've been to two). They don't have the feeling of just being there to put on a show but at the same time they're cool to have a little fun and "rock out". :)

zach caddy said...

I'd really like to see them. Wow.
zach

Nathan L. said...

Absolutely an awesome song by an awesome band.

Keziah Haag said...

Yeah, I really like their lyrics. Kutless is in the catagory of my favorite bands. Yes good music and good lyrics is the way to go!!