Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I know I'm a slacker. I've accepted the fact. It just takes too long for our computer to load pictures so I put off posting and put it off and put it off. Anyway, here we are a LONG time later... most of you have already heard about my trip to Kenya but I'll sum up the rest.

That Sunday we went on a long hike up a nearby mountain with a LOT of kids. I will never forget it. It was SO much fun just walking along listening to all of them talk to each other and laugh. They are definitely the toughest kids I have ever met. Some of them were barefoot and those trails were covered in sharp rocks! The next day, Monday, we walked around the community witnessing. We only made it to two houses, they don't live in close neighborhoods out there, :) but at those two places we were able to witness two people accept the Lord into their lives!!! It was amazing! That was our last day there and our goodbye to the children was full of tears. The next day we got to drive around a game reserve which was SO COOL!!! We saw giraffes, zebras, flamingos, water buffalo, lots of birds, gazelles, and... lions!!! Apparently you're pretty lucky if you get to see a lion there and we saw TWO!!! A male and a female. We even drove off the path and got to see them up close!!! That day was so much fun. That night we ate at an Ethiopean restaurant and it was different but very good! The next day was our last in Kenya. We spent it in Nairobi with Shane and his family walking around the Nairobi marketplace and experiencing a delicious Indian lunch. The flight back was long but us girls had a lot of fun together. I don't think I've ever laughed that much. We had fun watching all the different characters that were on our flight. :) Anyway, I'd love to go back to Kenya this year but I'm planning on college instead. I'm hoping that someday I'll be able to go back and visit the dear friends we made there. I will most definitely never forget my experience.

Anyway, so if you're wondering how I got time to post this... I got sick with mono over three weeks ago so I have not been able to work or do much of anything. I'm a little concerned about not earning money for college these several weeks but I'm learning (continually) to trust the Lord. He has already shown His faithfulness to me by providing money for me to go to the Worldview Academy Camp this June!!! I'm very excited to go and learn even more than last year and I'm pretty excited about going with best friends from MO too!!! :)

Anyway, I'll sign off for now. Maybe I'll be back to post soon, maybe not. I am hereby a blogger not under any obligation. ;) But if you feel the need to nag anyway, go right ahead. ("Sticks and stones may break my bones..." Lol. You know the rest.)

1 comment:

Strider said...

Hey TB!! Glad to have you venture back into the blogging world. I'm so psyched that you get to come to Worldview with us this year!! I so totally can't wait. Get better soon, and I'll see you in a less than 1 1/5 months!!