Friday, April 18, 2008

Back to Work

So tonight was my first night back working at Cracker Barrel in a month.

I've been working for Dad off and on even while I was sick a little bit but now I'm doing two full-fledge jobs. So I got there and everything was the same as it was when I took a doctor's leave last month. Funny how things don't change without me around. ;) Cracker Barrel is a lot different than Kezzi's job at Steak & Shake in that we're always a lot busier. Kezzi gets time to hang around, talk, and discuss things whereas I have to spend ALL of my time bustling around with trays of food. So I've been thinking, how can I be a light to these people I work with day in and day out if I never get time to talk with them besides passing words? Then it kind of hit me one day when the girl who trained me, April, corrected another lady for cussing in front of me. I thought, ok I've never really had the chance to tell April much about me but somehow she knows I don't cuss and am different from the other girls who work here. (This does not mean that everyone avoids cussing around me... by no means) ;) So I realized all of a sudden that I don't have to SAY anything to be a light. Not that I don't try for chances to share my faith verbally with my co-workers but even more than my words, my actions are being watched and people somehow know that I am different by the way I treat others and in the way I work cheerfully (hopefully) :). So the Lord brought peace to my mind. I don't have to stress about not getting time to be a light. It is a constant thing, we are always influencing the people we are around whether we speak or not. It is a weight off my mind but at the same time it is a great responsibility. People watch you. They scrutinize you. It's just what people do. It's our job as Christians to remember that and try to humbly point them toward Christ as the only perfect being who will live up to their expectations.

Thus ends Priscilla's thoughts for the evening. Good night.

1 comment:

Annie R said...

Well said Pris...you will be a light to many with that attitude. Love ya!
-Annie