Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Night Fun

Hey folks! Tonight we have a friend over to spend the night and since there's already four of us sisters... when we invite another girl over, it's an automatic party! We've been having lots of fun playing guitar (that would be Tristan and Kezzi), singing, and just having a good ol' time. Right now I am home sitting with the sleeping younger kids while the rest of the girls went to get some goodies for our movie time. Just thought I'd snatch this minute to post. :)
-
I've been doing quite well lately. I'm realizing that this time of my life is filled with evidence of the Lord's faithfulness. He has really been opening my eyes to see just how much I'm blessed. I still struggle quite a bit with keeping totally focused on Him and being content but I know the Lord is blessing me with a time of peace and I need to be grateful for it while walking through it. I realize it won't be this way forever.
-
Another blessing is the beautiful weather we've been having. I love the beginnings of summer when it's not too terribly hot but warm enough to get some sun. We've been outside quite a bit planning new flower gardens and even building a new patio area complete with a small water fountain and a fire pit. Along with the new improved chicken house, our property is looking more country"ish" and homey. I like it. :) It makes me feel even more like a country girl. ;)
-
I know this sounds realaxing and all, but like I said in my last post... I HAVE been busy!! :) My main concern, as of last night's meeting for this subject, is getting in order what I need for my mission trip to Kenya. We practiced using the story cloth last night and I'm afraid I stumbled through it a bit. The stories are all the ones I grew up on, but I realized that I need to work on my storytelling skills! :) I also need to start getting a passport, shots, and 'fun' stuff like that.
-
Well, the girls are back so... let the party begin!! ;)

4 comments:

Strider said...

Yeah, start getting ready now. Trying to cram everything into the last 4 weeks before you leave is no fun. When are you leaving for Kenya? And jump on getting the passport. You'll breath a whole lot easier once you have that in your possesion. Just don't lose it once you've got it. :)

Tristan said...

i had a glorious time the other night, not gonna lie it was totally grand and something that i really needed, thank you so much for everything! i love you!!

Priscilla said...

Tristan,
Ok let's just be honest here... ;) I had a wonderful time too. Really, we all LOVED having you and we will most definitely be repeating the practice. :) Thanks for sharing your heart and listening to me share mine at 3:00AM. ;) Love you too!!

Priscilla said...

Strider,
I'm leaving Sept. 5th and will be back the 13th. I know what you mean about breathing easier. Not that I am yet but I feel like I need to be! It's hard not to get worried and stressed about things but I'm trying to do my part and trust the Lord for the rest.